Thursday, May 2, 2013

Welcome, amigos!

You're witnessing my first blog post. Cool, huh?

If you're here, you're so sweet.

Being a Yes Girl was created as an outlet for me. I hope to use it to communicate with friends and family about the details of my mission work, my walk with Christ, while out of the country, and for anyone who may be going through the same trials as me. We're all in this together, after all.

I chose the name "Being a Yes Girl" based on where I am in my life right now--learning to say yes to God. Learning to allow Him to control my entire life. Learning to stop being comfortable. I want to hear God at all times & be able to always say, "Yes, Lord!" Yes, I will sacrifice it all for you.

I hope to become who God views as an ideal woman. That is a far-stretched reality for myself, but why can I not hope to become that way? Christ commanded us to strive to live like Him, radically, & that I will do. I'm not putting myself on a pedestal here. I'm one of God's most failing children, but I will continue to strive to become who God views as an ideal woman. I hope he sets a fire down in my soul that I can't contain, that I can't control.
 
 
I don't care if 1 person reads my blog or 100. I don't mind if I'm the only person who ever sees what I write. This is what we should do as Christians. Maybe writing isn't your thing, but we should praise God whether anyone "notices" or not in whatever way that may be for you. When we study our bibles, we should fill up so much with Him that we have an overflow, an out-pour. We should fill up and over with a surplus of who He is & that's when we should share it. Because you see, this life, it's not about me. It has nothing to do with who I am or what I've done. It has all to do with the one person who came and gave it all for us.

I'm so excited to begin sharing with you about what our Jesus has done in my life & around my life. I would more than be interested in hearing what God is doing in your life. Talking about Jesus is my favorite. I aspire to spend the rest of my life here on earth doing just that, talking about Jesus.

- A ready servant.


2 comments:

  1. Love this, Hope. Keep up God's work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hope!
    It's like 1am in Nigeria but I just found your blog and I'm totally following it asap. Thank you for choosing to journal your walk with God. I don't know you personally but I feel like we are good friends already. Blessings on you, Hope and more grace!

    ReplyDelete